How to take care of a crazy horse leather bag?
Find below the tips to take care of a crazy horse leather bag depending on different situations and purposes:
Bag gets wet
- Wipe dry using a soft leather cloth
- Don't store bags when wet.
- Wipe off all moisture before storing to prevent mold formation.
- After drying the bag, hang it to dry and turn it inside-out
- Don't use a hairdryer or heat dry bag as the heat may harden or crack the leather
- Wipe spills off using a little dampened cloth
- Don't use cleaners/detergents on your bag as that discolor the leather and ruin the bag's beauty. Pick a soft toothbrush to gently run away stains from the surface.
Remove unwanted scratches
- Use a soft dry cloth and run scratch in a circular motion to redistribute the wax coat
- To remove a deep scratch, apply leather wax to revive the leather's quality
- Apply wax/cream periodically to retain leather's luster and softness
Avoid leather stretching
- Limit the total number of items stored in your bag for a long period
- Don't store heavy products for a long period
- Avoid overstuffing your bag's pockets
Store your bag
- Protect your bag by storing it in a clean and dry area
- Wipe away moisture before storing the bag
- Make sure the bag is fully dry before storing
- Empty the bag before storing to get the desired results in its shape maintenance
- Keep your bag in a soft cotton pillowcase for long storage periods to prevent distortion from insects' infestation or dust accumulation
- To store your bag for an extended period, check it after every three to four weeks. If you store the bag without emptying it, check after every one to two weeks to avoid stretching or mold formation
Retain softness and beauty
- Test a small patch before coating the full bag as certain products change the leather color
- Apply a thin and even layer of leather wax/balm to your nag using a clean and soft sponge
- Wipe off any extra balm or use a dry and soft leather cloth.
- Treat your nag periodically with a leather wax/balm coating to prevent leather cracks or dryness.
- Don't overuse bags if they are designed to retain leather softness as that can lead to excess softening and losing of shape