How to choose passport holder?
Advantages of a passport holder
- Protect from getting dirty and wear and tear.
- Can look super fashionable and be a highlight in your travel outfit.
- Help you passing controls fast and easy: scanning the boarding pass and showing passport in one – this is so clever!
A passport cover should be nothing more than a sort of book cover for your passport. Designed to protect this important document from normal wear and tear or even accidental water exposure, it should be easy to pick.
First of all, you’ll discover that different manufacturers have completely different perspectives on this travel accessory. For some of them, it really is just a passport cover or holder, while others are making it an entire wallet or a mini-pouch that you can attach to your wrist or even neck. The image changes completely.
What fabric and style combination would work for you?
- Do you want a high-end product, elegant and stylish, perhaps even with a designer label and made of nothing but genuine leather?
- Do you need a waterproof material like the lightweight nylon or you’re good with fancy leather or even PU leather, the one that’s been overlaid with polyurethane coating?
- Or, perhaps, you’re willing to give up the fancy and bulkier models for a simpler, cheaper model that you don’t have to worry too much about maintenance and where you won’t be holding too many documents either?
Consequently, you’ll have to look into a lot more than the general aspects of the best travel passport holder. Size, compartmentalization, closure mechanisms and any special carry options are still of the essence. Other than that, you want it to be safe, to protect your items not just from wear and tear, but also from electronic thefts, which are increasingly popular these days! And like any responsible buyer, you prefer it to be a good investment, not a disposable item.